Frozen Burger Patties (500g)
🕒 Cooks in 10 minutes. Difficulty: Easy
🍔 Makes 4 large burgers.
Not as perfect as making your own burgers from our fresh ground beef, but it's a lot more convenient.
🍳 How to Cook
- Thaw out beef until soft to touch.
- Important: Do not season your burgers too early. This will change the beef's texture. Add salt only while you are cooking the beef.
- If you like your burgers medium/rare, you can leave the interior frozen so it stays pink despite the pan's heat.
- Form a dimple in the center of the patties by pressing on them. (Burgers expand like a balloon so if you don't press the center, it will inflate and won't be flat.)
- Ready your seasoning mix. We recommend salt and pepper, but feel free to add your own.
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan to high. Add a neutral oil such as canola and heat until slightly smoking.
- Lay down the burgers and press down with a spatula until full surface comes in contact.
- Season the burgers with salt (and optional spices) while cooking. Most people undersalt at this stage, so be generous with your salt.
- When brown and crusty, flip the burger and repeat for the other side.
- If you'll be doing cheeseburgers, make sure to add the cheese slice right after you flip the burger the 1st time so it melts while you're searing the second side.
👩🍳 If you have any cooking questions, please send us a Facebook message. We're always happy to help.